Warehouse Operator/Delivery Driver
Warehouse Operator/Delivery Driver is required to have a valid class D driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Warehouse Duties
- Reads load lists, production schedule, customer or shipping instructions in order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Prepares parcels for mailing or third party delivery service
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifies load lists, and moves materials and items to storage, production, service, office or other designated areas
- Sorts and places warehouse materials or items on racks, shelves, pallets or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as location, order number, size, type, style, color, or product code
- Assembles customer orders from the stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, marking the material with identifying information
- Works in a way that prevents damage to product
- Notifies manager or coworkers of shortages, discrepancies or anticipated needs
- Conducts Pella product quality audits in accordance with the quality inspection process
- Performs cycle counts to verify accuracy of inventory information; maintains inventory records
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers
- Uses computer to verify order information, such as expected receipt date, product type, color, or quantity
- Operates radio frequency scanners
- Drives/Operates material handling equipment (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, wheeled carts, etc.) upon certification
- Drives truck loaded with Pella products to customer jobsite or other predetermined location, occasionally picks-up return products
- Loads and unloads trucks per delivery paperwork
- Collects money from customers on COD orders and issues a customer receipt
- Works in a way that prevents damage to product during the delivery process
- Obtains customer signature as a verification of delivery or pick-up
- Performs visual quality inspections on product while loading and unloading
- Maintains DOT log book
- Ensure vehicle is operated in safe manner at all times, in all conditions
- Reports maintenance needs on delivery vehicles
- Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.) and reporting any safety concerns to supervisor
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
- Must have a valid class D driver’s license and be in compliance with the company Fleet Safety Policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have High School Diploma or GED and dependable work history. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is desirable but not required.
Familiarity with computers preferred. May be expected to develop proficiency in Pella proprietary software (i.e. PQM, POETS, OMS, etc.) and/or company email systems (Outlook).
Language and Communication Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions such as safety rules, short correspondence, memos and read unit labels. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion. Attention to detail is required. Must be able to develop trust, respect, and confidence of customers, coworkers and managers. Must present a clean and neat physical appearance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurement, volume, distance etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, type or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Occasionally an employee will have to lift more than 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Repetitive body motions may be required. The employee may be required to perform tasks 1-2 stories above ground. Time commitment required of this position will vary with the seasons.
Work environment with this job includes company warehouse facilities and customer job sites. The noise level of this job is typically moderate to loud. Temperature fluctuates with seasons.