Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your space. So, whether you’re shooting for a tranquil feeling or something lively to express your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are eight tips to dress up your windows.
- To establish a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a dash of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a fancy print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try swapping out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having problems finding the perfect pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to regular window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you envision.
- For an understated and classy look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You can use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you picked up on vacation.