Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Mankato home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home ambiance. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unpleasant features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Greet guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Mankato, give them a call at 507-625-6933 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.