The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the number of styles and colors offered, you can discover a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you have
the ability to change styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you select, there are a few color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to offer more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make it easier to clean the glass.
Now that we’ve read a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs out there, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles may block their
view of the outside world.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are usually more expensive than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to purchase replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles may be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a host of things to consider, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest dropping by our Mankato showroom, giving us a call at 507-625-6933 or arranging an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.