Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Mankato, Minnesota Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a sunny, warm day in Mankato. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you start your spring-cleaning:
- While it’s nicer to clean with the sun out, the sun may actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is appropriately cleaned, so use that cloudy day to get your cleaning done.
- Getting the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and lay it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from puddling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips got through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Stop by the showroom in Mankato today and check out which products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.