Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Consider these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have high-tech appliances?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Store all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 507-625-6933, check out our Mankato showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.